Mercedes-Benz China announced a recall of 32,625 vehicles, including S-Class and EQS luxury cars
Mercedes-Benz China recalls 32,625 vehicles, including S-Class and EQS luxury cars
【phoneauto News】On August 4th, phoneauto learned from the website of the State Administration for Market Regulation that Mercedes-Benz (China) Automobile Sales Co., Ltd. and Beijing Benz Automotive Co., Ltd. have filed a recall plan with the State Administration for Market Regulation in accordance with the “Regulations on the Management of Defective Automobile Product Recalls” and the “Implementation Measures for the Regulations on the Management of Defective Automobile Product Recalls”. The plan is to recall some imported and domestically produced vehicles.
Mercedes stated that starting from August 4, 2023, a total of 2324 imported EQS vehicles produced between June 14, 2021 and July 8, 2022 will be recalled. Due to software issues with the electric drive module, the electric drive module may become disabled when there is an abnormal electrical connection signal between the electric drive module and the decomposer, resulting in a loss of vehicle power and posing a safety hazard. In addition, Mercedes will also recall a total of 12,750 imported S-Class vehicles produced between July 29, 2020 and September 8, 2021. These vehicles may have software issues with the auxiliary vehicle electrical system voltage converter, and after the energy of the auxiliary vehicle electrical system battery is consumed, it may not be replenished as expected, affecting the functionality of the anti-lock braking system (ABS) and the electronic stability program (ESP), posing a safety hazard.
- Fully benchmarking Tesla? Fisker launches four electric vehicles and has started accepting pre-orders
- Toyota and Ponyai deepen strategic cooperation, plan to establish a joint venture company for Robotaxi
- Hello! Toyota may produce a pickup truck based on the Corolla model It is expected to sell well
Mercedes will also recall a total of 1,051 imported EQS vehicles produced between June 14, 2021 and February 16, 2022; and a total of 16,500 domestically produced C-Class and E-Class vehicles produced between April 23, 2019 and June 1, 2022. Due to deviations in the development process of the high-voltage battery management system, the monitoring function of the high-voltage battery may not issue a warning to the driver as expected when the battery malfunctions, posing a safety hazard.
Mercedes-Benz stated that it will replace the relevant faulty parts free of charge through its authorized dealers to eliminate safety hazards for the recalled models. Mercedes-Benz will notify the affected users of the recall through registered mail and other means.
- Tesla announces recall of a total of 271 imported Model S and Model X vehicles
- Chery Group Single-month sales exceeded 150,000 units, with a total of 890,000 units sold from January to July
- Changan Automobile and its subsidiary brands have donated 20 million yuan to support the disaster-stricken areas in Beijing, Tianjin, and Hebei
- What else does the million-level electric SUV Lotus ELETRE offer besides performance?
- Great Wall Motors donates 20 million yuan to support the disaster-stricken areas, and car enthusiasts participate in the rescue efforts
- Modern automobile union wants to extend the retirement age, but half of the employees are already over 50 years old
- Nezha AYA is on the market, priced at 73,800 to 88,800 yuan Will it put some pressure on BYD Seagull?