Japanese company develops self-driving electric buses, with vehicles coming from this Chinese company
Japanese company develops self-driving electric buses sourced from a Chinese company
【PhoneAuto News】In recent years, autonomous driving has become a new topic in the automotive industry, and many companies have invested a lot of effort in this area. According to the Nikkei Chinese website, a Japanese company has recently developed an autonomous driving bus and has started selling it.
TierIV’s autonomous electric bus (source: Nikkei Chinese website)
According to the report, a Japanese autonomous driving software company called TierIV has independently developed a pure electric bus. The company purchased vehicles from BYD and installed sensors that support autonomous driving. Sales began on June 21. The price of this autonomous electric bus is expected to be more than 50 million yen (approximately RMB 2.5 million). The company will also launch a leasing model. It is said that by 2024, the company will launch nine vehicle models, including light vehicles and go-karts. In addition to BYD, the company will also purchase vehicles from Chinese company PIX Moving and Japanese pure electric vehicle manufacturer FOMM. The relevant manufacturing will be entrusted to special vehicle manufacturer TONOX.
- NIO Official 1,500 battery swapping stations and 16,204 charging piles have been built nationwide
- Suzuki launches affordable small car in India, priced at around 42,000 yuan and also offers a natural gas version
- The Baojun Yueye Guardian Edition modification kit is officially on sale for 6,570 yuan Do you think it’s worth it?
TierIV has an advantage in the operation system “Autoware” of autonomous driving. In the field of pure electric buses, it has designed an electrification unit that converts the action of the accelerator pedal into an electric signal. Through designing and developing and accumulating experience in obtaining autonomous driving certification, it will also share with domestic Japanese automakers. Including sales and leasing, as well as separate development with vehicle manufacturers, the plan is to provide a total of 300 vehicles by 2025.
Regarding autonomous driving, Japan achieved level 4 (fully autonomous driving under specific conditions) highway driving in April 2023. The Japanese government plans to achieve unmanned autonomous driving services in 50 locations by 2025. TierIV President Masahira Kato believes that “in order to achieve the government’s goals, it is necessary to expand the experience of vehicle design required to obtain autonomous driving certification.”
- Delivery is imminent! Aerial photos show that Tesla Cybertruck production is progressing smoothly
- Range over 2500 kilometers! Netizens modify diesel extended-range version Tesla Model S
- Infiniti replaces brand new logo, netizens say If you didn’t mention it, I really wouldn’t have noticed
- Deep Blue S7 will announce its official price today Is there a possibility of starting at 150,000 yuan?
- Japanese media Electric vehicle investment is flowing into North America, with 10 car companies totaling over 20 trillion yen
- NIO announces new upgrades to the ES8 model and price adjustments Deliveries will start on June 28th
- Yunnan launches a car purchase subsidy and gasoline coupon promotion a total of 50 million yuan will be issued with 20,000 spots available