In May of this year, the retail sales of passenger vehicles reached 1742 million units, an increase of 286% compared to the same period last year
Retail sales of passenger vehicles in May this year increased by 286% compared to last year, reaching 1742 million units
【PhoneAuto News】On June 8th, the China Passenger Car Association released the national passenger car market data for May. The data shows that in May 2023, the retail sales of passenger cars reached 1.742 million units, an increase of 28.6% year-on-year and 7.3% month-on-month. From January to May this year, the monthly retail sales of cars showed a good trend of continuous growth, totaling 7.632 million units, an increase of 4.2% year-on-year. At the same time, in May, the wholesale sales of passenger cars by manufacturers across the country was 1.997 million units, an increase of 25.4% year-on-year and 12.4% month-on-month. From January to May this year, the cumulative wholesale sales were 8.827 million units, an increase of 10.4% year-on-year.
In terms of new energy, which people are more concerned about, the wholesale sales of new energy passenger cars reached 67,300 units in May 2023, an increase of 59.4% year-on-year and 11.5% month-on-month. From January to May this year, the cumulative wholesale sales were 2.778 million units, an increase of 46.5% year-on-year. In addition, the retail sales of new energy vehicles in May were 580,000 units, an increase of 60.9% year-on-year and 10.5% month-on-month. From January to May this year, the cumulative retail sales were 2.421 million units, an increase of 41.1% year-on-year.
It is worth mentioning that the overall trend of new energy passenger car companies in May this year is relatively strong. BYD’s pure electric and plug-in hybrid dual-drive solidify the leading position of independent brand new energy; traditional car companies represented by Changan, SAIC, GAC, Geely, etc. are particularly tenacious in the new energy sector. The sales performance of new forces such as Ideal and Leap Motor is still relatively strong year-on-year and month-on-month.
- BYD’s Wang Chuanfu The automotive industry has entered a race to eliminate those without core technology will survive
- Changan Automobile Total car sales exceeded 200,000 in May, a year-on-year increase of 3249%
- 2023 Detroit Auto Show officially announced, opening on September 13th The number of participating car companies may double
Specifically, the China Passenger Car Association pointed out that there were 12 companies with wholesale sales exceeding 10,000 units (an increase of 1 compared to the previous month and a decrease of 1 compared to the same period last year), among which BYD had a sales volume of 239,092 units in May, Tesla China sold 77,695 units, GAC Aion sold 45,003 units, SAIC passenger cars sold 29,126 units, and Ideal cars sold 28,277 units.
- Electric cars also have to go off-road! Volvo launches the EX30 off-road version, which will be available for purchase in 2024
- Volvo EX30 released with the fastest acceleration in history, 0-100 km/h in 34 seconds Starting price is about 250,000 yuan
- Driver vacancy rate reaches 50% Many places have suspended the acceptance of new applications for online car-hailing transportation licenses
- Guangzhou Automobile Group Car sales in May were 209,606 units, an increase of 1450% year-on-year
- China Association of Automobile Manufacturers Preliminary statistics show that the retail sales of passenger cars in May this year were 1759 million units
- Stellantis Citroën develops electric vehicles for people with disabilities in cooperation with PIMAS
- BYD will begin pre-sale of the PLUS Champion Edition on June 8th Can you guess the price?