Apple and Samsung will popularize titanium alloy frames this year, and domestic manufacturers will follow suit next year
'Apple and Samsung to popularize titanium alloy frames this year, domestic manufacturers to follow suit next year'
【Phoneauto News】On August 1st, some digital bloggers expressed that the time for large-scale commercial use of titanium alloy material has arrived. The first to use it this year will be the iPhone 15 series and the next generation flagship S24 series from Samsung. HOMV (a domestic mobile phone brand including Huawei, OPPO, Xiaomi, and vivo) is expected to have a relative plan in 2024 as well.
It is understood that titanium alloy material is commonly used to produce compressor components for aircraft engines, followed by structural parts for rockets, missiles, and high-speed aircraft. Many smartphones now use stainless steel for their bodies, but titanium alloy is lighter, more corrosion-resistant, and more scratch-resistant than stainless steel. It has 5 times the rigidity of aluminum frames and can reduce the weight by about 10g.
- Samsung two folding machines start pre-sale in South Korea, with a maximum subsidy of 3650 yuan for purchasing a machine
- Still going to India? Foxconn will invest 35 billion yuan to build an Apple component supply factory in India
- iPhone and ePhone are on fire! Silence is iPhone, and loudness is ePhone?
However, the cost of titanium alloy is too high, making it difficult to control costs when used in smartphones. In fact, titanium alloy is not a rare material, but it is difficult to refine, which greatly tests the process level of the supply chain. Obviously, after many years of development, relevant manufacturers have come up with countermeasures.
According to the information from well-known leaker Mark Gurman, the iPhone 15 Pro and 15 Pro Max will use a titanium alloy frame to replace the surgical-grade stainless steel frame. The new iPhone will have higher strength and lighter weight. Of course, the price of the iPhone 15 Pro series will inevitably increase. The previously released Apple Watch Series 7 increased its price by $100 because it used a titanium metal case.
According to another leaker Ice Universe, the Samsung S24 Ultra is also expected to use a titanium alloy frame. As for the Huawei Mate60 series, it is probably unlikely to use this new material this year.
- Revelation Huawei Mate60 Porsche Design is no longer available, but there may be a flagship model from Honor
- Samsung S24+ appears on benchmarking website Equipped with Snapdragon 8 Gen3 and titanium frame
- Foreign media iPhone 15 Pro will be the biggest iPhone upgrade in Apple’s history in the past three years
- OPPO Official Blog Changes to New Logo! Green Background Changes to Black Background Can’t it be called Green Factory anymore?
- Many new models from Honor, OPPO, Xiaomi, and Realme are ready to be launched This August will be full of surprises
- vivo V29 5G specifications and price leaked, impressive screen-to-body ratio, estimated to be sold at 3950 yuan
- Huawei’s high-end 5G smartphones will be launched after October? He Gang I never said anything like that