Bentley’s first pure electric sedan, which may debut in 2025, will support advanced autonomous driving
Bentley's first electric sedan in 2025 will have advanced autonomous driving
【PhoneAuto News】Recently, according to foreign media reports, Bentley’s first all-electric car will adopt advanced autonomous driving technology. Bentley CEO Adrian Hallmark confirmed in an interview with British automotive media that the brand’s first electric car will initially offer partial autonomous driving functions on highways. Full autonomous driving will be launched later and may be upgraded through OTA.
Bentley electric car rendering
Hallmark also confirmed that Bentley will use Mobileye’s SuperVision technology. The SuperVision system is equipped with 11 cameras and will also be used in the upcoming Porsche Macan EV. Although it was initially thought that Bentley’s upcoming electric car would be a luxury sedan or crossover, it now appears that it may also be a sporty two-door coupe. Last year, Hallmark revealed that Bentley’s first electric car will have a powerful output of up to 1400 horsepower and can achieve 0-60 mph acceleration in 1.5 seconds.
- Long wait! The Tengshi N7 will officially go on sale on July 3rd Let’s see how much it will cost
- Selling from 149,900 yuan! The Deep Blue S7 is officially launched Are you surprised by the price?
- China Passenger Car Association The narrow retail sales of passenger cars in June of this year are expected to be 183 million units
Bentley electric concept car
Even in the electric era, such power parameters are unlikely to appear on SUV models, but this possibility cannot be completely ruled out. Hallmark also hinted that Bentley’s first EV will launch a “low-performance version” targeting customers who feel uncomfortable with the 1400 horsepower output.
According to previous plans, Bentley plans to launch a new electric car model every year from 2025 to 2030. This luxury car manufacturer has also invested more than 3 billion US dollars in the Crewe factory to transform it into an electrified production site.
Bentley Electric Car Rendering
Another famous British ultra-luxury car brand, Rolls-Royce, will launch its first electric car this autumn. It is called Spectre, a super luxury electric coupe built on the same platform as the gasoline-powered Wraith and Cullinan. Spectre adopts a dual-motor layout and is equipped with a 120 kWh battery pack. It is said that the car has a range of 310 miles (about 500 kilometers). It can achieve 0-60 miles/hour acceleration in 4.4 seconds and a maximum speed of 155 miles/hour (250km/h), but it seems to have some gap compared to Bentley’s first electric car.
- Commoner version of Rolls-Royce Cullinan? Toyota will launch a new Century SUV model
- New Honda CR-V eHEV Experience Good Car but Lacks Competitive Price
- Foreign media releases top ten electric cars for 2023, Tesla not selected
- Volkswagen Group CEO Audi is lagging behind its competitors mainly due to software issues
- Japanese company develops self-driving electric buses, with vehicles coming from this Chinese company
- NIO Official 1,500 battery swapping stations and 16,204 charging piles have been built nationwide
- Suzuki launches affordable small car in India, priced at around 42,000 yuan and also offers a natural gas version