Commoner version of Rolls-Royce Cullinan? Toyota will launch a new Century SUV model
Toyota to launch Century SUV as a commoner version of Rolls-Royce Cullinan
【PhoneAuto News】Recently, Toyota launched two new MPV models, the Alphard and Vellfire, in Japan. During the new car launch event, the company confirmed the rumors of a new luxury SUV called the Century. The Toyota Century SUV is expected to be similar to the benchmark luxury SUV, the Rolls-Royce Cullinan, but with a much lower price. However, it will not be a super-luxury SUV and its competitors should be luxury brands like the Genesis GV80.
Rendering of the Toyota Century SUV
Simon Humphries, a member of Toyota’s board of directors, mentioned this luxury SUV model during the launch of the Alphard and Vellfire, saying “The Century symbolizes the ultimate driving experience, but it must also evolve as we face the future.” Humphries displayed the vehicle’s dim outline on a screen behind him. “Later this year, I hope to have the opportunity to share this historically significant new vehicle with the public, which will undoubtedly be an impressive step in our mission to change the future of cars.”
- New Honda CR-V eHEV Experience Good Car but Lacks Competitive Price
- Foreign media releases top ten electric cars for 2023, Tesla not selected
- Volkswagen Group CEO Audi is lagging behind its competitors mainly due to software issues
The Toyota Century sedan displayed at the launch event
Although the specific images of the vehicle were not clear at the launch event, Japanese media have confirmed that the new vehicle is indeed an SUV model, further confirming the rumors of a luxury SUV with the Century emblem being produced by Toyota. According to earlier leaks, the length of the new vehicle will reach 5.2 meters, similar to Toyota’s own Land Cruiser and Sequoia. The relatively straight lines of the exterior design make it somewhat similar to the Rolls-Royce Cullinan, so some people see it as the “Japanese version of the Cullinan”. However, in terms of price, it will still be much cheaper than the Cullinan, with a price range of between $70,000 and $100,000.
Toyota Century Sedan
The Century Sedan will use a 5.0-liter hybrid V8 engine, but it is said that the Century SUV will use a lower 3.5-liter V6 engine, similar to the LS500H and LC500H. According to reports, the new car will adopt front and rear dual-motor four-wheel drive, with a comprehensive output power of about 454 horsepower. However, there are rumors that the new car will adopt a transverse engine layout, which means that the Century SUV will not share a platform with Toyota’s new pickup or full-size Lexus luxury car models.
The production of the Toyota Century SUV is expected to begin later this year and will be officially launched in early 2024. As the Century brand only has a significant influence in Japan, it is unlikely to be sold in other parts of the world. Other countries may have to purchase the car through parallel imports.
- Japanese company develops self-driving electric buses, with vehicles coming from this Chinese company
- NIO Official 1,500 battery swapping stations and 16,204 charging piles have been built nationwide
- Suzuki launches affordable small car in India, priced at around 42,000 yuan and also offers a natural gas version
- The Baojun Yueye Guardian Edition modification kit is officially on sale for 6,570 yuan Do you think it’s worth it?
- Delivery is imminent! Aerial photos show that Tesla Cybertruck production is progressing smoothly
- Range over 2500 kilometers! Netizens modify diesel extended-range version Tesla Model S
- Infiniti replaces brand new logo, netizens say If you didn’t mention it, I really wouldn’t have noticed