Former chairman Ghosn sues Nissan for over $1 billion in compensation
Ghosn sues Nissan for $1 billion compensation
【PhoneAuto News】The disputes between former Nissan chairman Carlos Ghosn and his old company are not over yet! According to PhoneAuto, Ghosn recently sued Nissan for over $1 billion.
According to foreign media reports, a lawsuit shows that Ghosn sued Nissan and related parties, accusing them of “conspiring” to remove him from office in 2018 and arranging his arrest on suspicion of financial misconduct. As a result, he is seeking more than $1 billion from Nissan to compensate for the “serious damage” he suffered in finance and reputation.
- BMW recalls over 300 new 7 series/i7 vehicles in the US due to issues with the front seats
- New Option for Travel Official Images of the Brand New Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagon Released, May be Introduced to Domestic Market Next Year
- Attention car owners! NIO will launch its European destination travel service on July 1st
The court documents seen by the media show that the complaint was filed on May 18th. It is reported that Ghosn has asked the prosecutor of the Court of Cassation in Lebanon to claim compensation. The lawsuit requires Nissan to compensate Ghosn for $588 million in compensation and other expenses, and pay $500 million in punitive damages. Ghosn also claimed in the lawsuit that the “serious and sensitive charges against him will linger in people’s minds for many years”, and said that he “will suffer the torture of these charges in his remaining years because they have a lasting and indelible impact, even if only based on suspicion.”
As for why Ghosn sued Nissan in Lebanon, PhoneAuto believes it is necessary to recall the dramatic story before. In February 2020, Nissan filed a civil lawsuit against Ghosn in the Yokohama District Court, accusing him of long-term improper behavior that caused huge losses to the company and demanding compensation of 10 billion yen. In fact, Ghosn faced multiple charges in Japan, including embezzlement of public funds, concealing income, transferring personal investment losses to the company, and serious breach of trust. He was originally scheduled to be tried in Japan in April 2020. However, he fled Japan during the bail period at the end of December 2019 and flew to Lebanon via Turkey. Since then, he has been living in Lebanon.
- Ningde Times increases investment in Bolivia and has currently reached 10 billion yuan
- Expert Young people cannot support the car market, middle-aged and elderly people have enough ability to drive the car market
- Modern US electric car factory to start trial production in April next year, with annual output to expand to 500,000 vehicles
- 2468-3298 million yuan! Dongfeng Honda’s brand new UR-V officially launched
- Starting at 189,900 yuan, the Buick pure electric coupe SUV E4 has been launched, with a maximum range of 620 km
- National Office China will essentially complete the construction of a high-quality charging infrastructure system by 2030
- Dongfeng Honda CR-V ePHEV has lowered its price by 20,000 yuan across all models, now starting at 225,900 yuan