Kia Motors to invest over $200 million again! Expanding production capacity for its factory in Georgia, United States
Kia Motors will invest over $200 million to expand production capacity at its factory in Georgia, United States
【phoneauto News】Since the announcement, Kia Motors’ factory in Georgia, USA has been receiving constant news. The company has high expectations for this factory, as can be seen from its investment actions. According to phoneauto, Kia Motors plans to invest over 200 million US dollars (about 1.43 billion RMB) to expand the production capacity of its factory in Georgia, USA.
On July 13, it was reported that Kia Motors stated that it will invest over 200 million US dollars in the assembly plant in Georgia, USA, and will start producing the electric vehicle model EV9 next year. As Kia Motors’ flagship electric vehicle model, the Kia EV9, a mid-size electric SUV, will be introduced to the domestic market next year. At the same time, the all-new electric vehicle model Kia EV6, which will be imported and sold domestically, has started pre-sales and will be launched in August.
- SAIC’s response to Audi’s purchase of its electric platform There are no significant matters to be announced
- Starting at 68,900 RMB! The new Roewe i5 is officially on the market comprehensive upgrade in five dimensions
- The latest leaked image of the alleged Tesla Cybertruck shows a white body, indicating that production is imminent
Clearly, the Georgia factory is an important electric vehicle production base for Kia Motors. The company stated that in order to produce three-row SUVs and four other models in the Georgia factory, approximately 200 job positions will be added. It is reported that this will be Kia’s first electric vehicle assembled in North America.
In late March of this year, Kia Motors CEO Song Ho-sung revealed during the Seoul Motor Show that the electric vehicle factory in Georgia is expected to start operating by the end of 2024. This new factory will be an investment of approximately 5.54 billion US dollars and is expected to create about 8,100 job opportunities in the next few years. After officially commencing operations, the factory will produce a variety of Hyundai, Genesis, and Kia electric vehicles. In addition, the company stated that the factory will also have a new battery manufacturing plant.
Commercial production at the Georgia factory is expected to begin in the first half of 2025, with an annual production capacity of 300,000 vehicles.
- Tesla’s Shanghai factory produces its one millionth Model Y in just 30 months
- Exposure GAC Mitsubishi to Halt Production, Layoff Employees, and Reorganize Sales Fall Short of Expectations, Business in Crisis
- Guangzhou Automobile Group responds to Guangzhou Mitsubishi’s temporary shutdown Fully committed to promoting corporate relief and transformation
- Volkswagen ID7 VIZZION to be launched in September, with an expected price of 250,000 yuan
- To make way for electrification transformation, Ford Fiesta European overseas factories are about to officially cease production
- Mercedes will recall 2518 imported G-Class vehicles next year due to emissions hazards
- Zhi Ji will release the LS6 at the Chengdu Auto Show, adopting an 800V platform to compete with the Xiaopeng G6