The latest leaked image of the alleged Tesla Cybertruck shows a white body, indicating that production is imminent
The leaked image of the Tesla Cybertruck suggests that production is about to begin, as it features a white body
【Phoneauto News】Recently, leaked images of a white vehicle body resembling the Tesla Cybertruck have surfaced. The state of the white vehicle body in the photos indicates that the initial production of this all-electric pickup truck will soon begin at Tesla’s Gigafactory in Texas.
The leaked images show that the Tesla Cybertruck clearly uses giant castings, especially in the front and rear of the white vehicle body. As observed by some Tesla enthusiasts, the complete white vehicle body of the Cybertruck does not seem to adopt the highly anticipated “exoskeleton” design emphasized by the company when it was unveiled in 2019.
It is worth mentioning that the recently leaked photos of the complete white vehicle body appear to be much more refined compared to the photos leaked in December last year. Last year, an image of the Cybertruck at the Gigafactory car show in Texas was published online, showcasing the rear of this all-electric pickup truck.
- Tesla’s Shanghai factory produces its one millionth Model Y in just 30 months
- Exposure GAC Mitsubishi to Halt Production, Layoff Employees, and Reorganize Sales Fall Short of Expectations, Business in Crisis
- Guangzhou Automobile Group responds to Guangzhou Mitsubishi’s temporary shutdown Fully committed to promoting corporate relief and transformation
According to Sandy Munro, a senior Tesla teardown expert, the leaked Cybertruck in December last year was still largely a prototype. This automotive industry veteran pointed out that the giant castings in the leaked images were made up of several welded components, which were made through the process of lost foam casting, which is great for a prototype. However, the latest photo of the white vehicle body of the Cybertruck from Tesla’s Gigafactory in Texas does not seem to be the case.
“This is what’s called lost foam (casting). So, what I can do is make a foam model, something similar, lay it in the sand, and then pour molten aluminum into the casting or mold, and the mold will cause the polystyrene foam to sublime. It disappears. It becomes gas, and then it fills up the core in the mold, and then you have the casting. It’s a good idea for prototype parts,” Munro pointed out.
Musk driving Tesla Cybertruck
Tesla Cybertruck is about to go into production. Previously, Tesla CEO Musk revealed on Twitter that he recently drove this vehicle model near Austin, Texas. With each new discovery of the Cybertruck, the all-electric pickup truck appears to be more and more ready for production. Musk driving the vehicle again may indicate that the final details of this all-electric pickup truck have been finalized.
- Volkswagen ID7 VIZZION to be launched in September, with an expected price of 250,000 yuan
- To make way for electrification transformation, Ford Fiesta European overseas factories are about to officially cease production
- Mercedes will recall 2518 imported G-Class vehicles next year due to emissions hazards
- Zhi Ji will release the LS6 at the Chengdu Auto Show, adopting an 800V platform to compete with the Xiaopeng G6
- NIO launched 51 charging and battery swapping stations in a single day, bringing the total number of swapping stations to 1543
- Changan Oushang X5 PLUS has the highest price reduction of 11,000 yuan during the summer! Starting from 80,900 yuan
- He Xiaopeng I have confidence that the Xiaopeng G6 can be the top choice in the price range of 200,000 to 250,000 yuan