Panasonic is considering building a battery factory in India, targeting Tata Motors and Volkswagen Group
Panasonic may build a battery factory in India, focusing on Tata Motors and Volkswagen Group
【Phoneauto News】Recently, Phoneauto noticed that Panasonic, one of the leading automotive power battery giants, is currently considering building an electric vehicle battery factory in India and seeking development opportunities in the country. Currently, a senior delegation from Panasonic has discussed plans with Indian officials to establish a battery production plant in India. The company is considering building the factory based on the Indian government’s production incentive plan (PLI) for ACC battery storage. It is rumored that Panasonic will supply batteries to Indian automakers such as Mahindra & Mahindra, Tata Motors, and Volkswagen.
Meanwhile, according to the Times of India, Panasonic plans to establish an automotive power battery factory in India, which is expected to be linked to the Indian government’s production incentive plan (PLI) for ACC battery storage. The company has reportedly informed the Indian government of its plans to consider expanding battery manufacturing operations in the country. Panasonic India has temporarily declined to comment on this matter.
- Anhui province has fully initiated the construction of charging and battery swapping infrastructure, aiming to achieve 75% coverage by 2024
- Tesla Cybertruck finally rolls off the assembly line, but observant netizens have discovered a China factor
- Another new gold mine? Investigation shows that many people hope Tesla will launch electric bicycles
According to the latest data released by research firm SNE Research, the global installed capacity of electric vehicle batteries reached 517.9GWh in 2022, a year-on-year increase of 71.8%. Among them, Panasonic’s power battery installation reached 38GWh, accounting for 7.3% of the global market share, ranking second only to CATL (191.6GWh), LG Energy Solution (70.4GWh), and BYD (71.4GWh). However, compared to 2021, although Panasonic’s power battery installation has increased, its market share has decreased. This means that its installation growth rate temporarily lags behind that of its main competitors.
- 2024 Hyundai Santa Fe Official Images Released – More Aggressive Appearance Paying Tribute to Land Rover
- Equation Leopard Automobile’s first nationwide sales and service center has been officially established in Huizhou, and new vehicles will be launched within this year
- Goodwood Speed Festival Popular Car Models All kinds of supercars are on the scene, including domestic ones
- Tesla starts selling Model Y in Malaysia at a starting price 50,000 yuan more expensive than in China
- Tesla Shanghai Factory Employees’ Performance Surges in the Second Quarter, Increasing from 12 times to 15 times
- Volkswagen’s ID3 local price is 26 times higher in China! German netizens are completely shocked
- The cost of domestic production? Ford’s production costs in the US are $1 billion higher than its competitors