Over 1,500 developers in the UK are claiming $1 billion from Apple, expressing dissatisfaction with excessive commission fees
1,500 UK developers claim $1 billion from Apple due to high commission fees
【Phoneauto News】According to foreign media reports, recently, Professor Sean Ennis, representing 1,566 application developers, filed a lawsuit against Apple in the UK Competition Appeal Tribunal, claiming 785 million pounds (approximately 1 billion US dollars).
It is reported that the reason for the claim is that Apple’s App Store charges developers 15% to 30% commission, which is considered excessively high. “These fees themselves are unfair and constitute price abuse. They not only harm the interests of application developers, but also harm the interests of application buyers,” Ennis said in a statement.
- iQOO Z7 Pro appearance design confirmed curved screen + centered punch-hole, stable appearance
- OPPO Find N3 folding machine has obtained certification and is expected to be equipped with Snapdragon 8 Gen2
- Reviewing the road to the advancement of HarmonyOS throughout the ages, HarmonyOS 4 is about to be released
According to Phoneauto, Apple’s services business (including the App Store) has seen rapid growth in revenue in recent years, with quarterly revenue currently at around $20 billion. However, Apple’s practice of charging developers 15% to 30% commission on in-app purchases has been criticized by application developers and has become the target of anti-monopoly regulatory agencies in multiple countries.
Apple previously stated that 85% of developers on the App Store do not have to pay any commission and help European developers access markets and customers in 175 countries through the App Store. However, the issue of “cut” in Apple’s App Store has been controversial worldwide. In May 2022, the European Union filed an antitrust lawsuit against Apple’s payment services. It is reported that high-level executives in the US technology industry, such as Tesla CEO Musk and Facebook CEO Zuckerberg, have publicly protested against the “Apple tax”.
- Samsung is about to release the S23 series One UI 60 Beta update, possibly in early August
- OPPO K11 is released! The strongest image upgrade in the history of the K series, starting from 1899 yuan
- Redmi 12 4G price exposure! Starting at approximately 900 yuan, it will be launched on August 1st
- vivo Image Festival Special Event Set for July 30th, Self-developed Chip V3 to Debut
- Is the South Korean mobile phone market about to change? Young people all love using Apple, Samsung is in danger!
- OPPO K11 launch countdown Live platform summary Highlights sneak peek
- OPPO K11 will bring three flagship models with the same configuration and specifications!