BMW has also joined in! Starting from 2025, it will adopt the NACS standard charging interface in the United States.
BMW Joins In Starting in 2025, the Brand will Adopt NACS Standard Charging Interface in US
【PhoneAuto News】In the rapidly growing electric vehicle market, a unified charging interface has become an important issue within the industry. Recently, according to PhoneAuto, BMW announced that starting in 2025, their electric vehicles sold in the United States and Canada will adopt the Tesla North American Charging Standard (NACS) interface. This decision marks BMW joining the ranks of supporting a unified charging interface.
According to reports, since May of this year, 12 major electric vehicle brands have expressed their intention to switch to Tesla’s charging interface. These brands include Ford, General Motors, Rivian, Volvo, Polestar, Mercedes, Nissan, Honda, Jaguar, as well as the Korean brands Hyundai, Genesis, and Kia. This trend indicates that more and more automakers recognize the importance of a unified charging interface, which not only improves user convenience, but also promotes the development of the electric vehicle market.
- Wuling Zhouxi Baoshun Yun Duo sales did not exceed expectations, but it is indeed a good car.
- How much is the appropriate price for the MG Cyberster, which will officially launch at the Guangzhou Auto Show?
- Employees suffered after the Founder of Weimar fled Ignoring Shen Hui and only seeking salary.
According to statistics from the U.S. Department of Energy, there are an estimated 31,255 public fast-charging stations in the United States, with the majority owned by a few brands such as ChargePoint, Blink, Electrify America, and EVgo. Some of these brands have committed to building fast-charging stations with Tesla ports. With more automakers adopting Tesla’s charging interface, consumers will be able to use the same charging equipment in a wider range, thereby improving charging convenience.
However, some automakers may be concerned that adopting Tesla’s charging interface may have an impact on their own brand. In addition, for automakers who have already established their own charging networks, changing the charging interface may require a significant amount of resources.
- New Mercedes C-Class officially on sale, upgraded configuration priced at 333,200-406,500 yuan.
- US regulatory agency launches investigation into Cruise autonomous cars
- Two years and 39 new energy vehicles, is Chery taking too big of a step in the field of new energy?
- Three times in two months, six local Toyota factories suspended production due to an explosion at a supply chain company.
- 42.79 million yuan or more! The 2024 Audi A6L is on the market with unchanged power and minor changes in appearance and configuration.
- GAC Galaxie E8 exterior and interior official images released, featuring a 45-inch 8K display and a half-size steering wheel.
- CATL will launch automotive-grade solid-state batteries previously used in the aviation field.