Another car company wants to join? Mercedes-Benz is considering Tesla’s NACS charging standard
Mercedes-Benz may adopt Tesla's NACS charging standard as another car company shows interest
【PhoneAuto News】Recently, according to foreign media reports, Mercedes-Benz is considering Tesla’s North American Charging Standard (NACS), and may become the next large car manufacturer to adopt the company’s charging connector.
In the past few weeks, car manufacturers such as Ford and General Motors have chosen to adopt Tesla’s NACS charging standard on their cars starting in 2025. Earlier this week, it was reported that Stellantis is also one of the companies considering the adoption of the NACS charging standard. However, they are by no means the only car manufacturers who want to join the “NACS Alliance” mentioned by Tesla CEO Musk.
- Leading future development! Mercedes-Benz unveils Vision One-Eleven concept car
- New energy vehicle campaign to rural areas started in 2023, with 69 models including BYD Qin
- BYD announced its entry into the Italian passenger car market! Four new models will be released
A report by Benzinga shows that Mercedes-Benz is also considering NACS. The report stated that the company is evaluating the “technical implementation plan” of adopting NACS. If it chooses to reach an agreement with Tesla, this will allow Mercedes-Benz’s future electric vehicles to use Tesla’s Supercharger for charging, which will greatly enrich the charging options for NIO and Mercedes-Benz electric vehicle owners.
The reason why Tesla chose to establish the “NACS Alliance” is also due to the following considerations: First, as a new energy vehicle company, Tesla has always regarded accelerating the transition to sustainable energy as its mission. With the rapid development of new energy vehicles, more and more traditional car companies have also realized that new energy vehicles will be the focus of their future development.
The reason why Tesla can become a rule maker is mainly because it also operates its own charging network. Tesla can be said to have the world’s strongest charging network. Many other charging companies have encountered reliability issues, which makes Tesla an ideal choice for many potential electric car buyers, as the Supercharger network operates over 45,000 charging stations worldwide. This may also be the reason why other manufacturers are willing to join this alliance.
- Wuling Zhou Jinkai The goal of the Baojun Yue also is to become the best-selling small pure electric SUV of the year
- Tusimple has completed the first public fully unmanned road test in China’s future
- Shenyang will begin to issue one billion yuan in car purchase subsidies this month, and consumers can save up to five thousand yuan at most
- Starting at only 228,000 yuan! The NIO ET5 Travel Edition is officially launched and can tow a trailer
- 2899 million yuan Lynk & Co 09 Asian Games Executive Edition with 5 seats now available for sale, equipped with air suspension
- This paint job is really cool! Camouflage version of Tesla Cybertruck spotted on the streets
- Volkswagen CC will be discontinued! Volkswagen CEO says the sales of this car are too poor and it will be discontinued in the future