Price or close to 500,000 yuan! MG Cyberster debuted in the UK and will be available in 2024
MG Cyberster debuts in UK, priced at around 500,000 yuan and will be released in 2024
【PhoneAuto News】One month after the MG Cyberster made its debut at the Shanghai Auto Show in China, the automaker brought this pure electric concept sports car to its headquarters in Malvern, London and organized a special display event.
It is reported that this is the first time that the MG Cyberster has been exhibited overseas. The vehicle uses red, a color favored by many sports car manufacturers, and faithfully adheres to the traditional sports car styling with a long hood, large wheels, and a low waistline. However, the car is also equipped with scissor doors and a rear spoiler, and the vehicle adopts a two-seat convertible design, which looks even cooler.
- Starting from 179,900 yuan! The all-new generation of Buick Regal is newly released, highlighting a more youthful feel
- Starting at 139,800 yuan! Haval Xinglong series launched with the first Hi4 intelligent electric hybrid four-wheel drive
- Roewe eRX5 Price Adjustment Starting at 147,900 yuan Is this an increase or a decrease?
Carl Gotham, MG’s Head of Advanced Design, talked about the creation process behind the Cyberster, stating that the car took MG back to its heyday of sports cars. After SAIC acquired MG, the brand’s product focus has been on SUVs, so having a two-seat sports car in its product lineup is undoubtedly very exciting for fans who previously fell in love with MG because of sports cars.
Although MG has not yet mentioned the power specifications of the new model, according to the new car declaration documents from the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology, it will provide two powertrain options. The single-motor rear-wheel-drive version will have a maximum power of 310 horsepower (231 kW), while the dual-motor all-wheel-drive version will provide a powerful 536 horsepower (400 kW).
It is reported that the MG Cyberster will be launched in the UK and European markets in the summer of 2024. MG stated that the car will be the world’s first “affordable electric sports car” for ordinary people. Some media outlets have reported that the starting price of the single-motor rear-wheel-drive version in the UK will be around £55,000 (approximately RMB 478,600), while the starting price of the dual-motor all-wheel-drive version will be £65,000 (approximately RMB 565,600). If this news is true, it will compete with the BMW Z4.
- Lynk & Co 05+ Limited Edition will be available for sale to the public on May 31 Only 155 numbers will be available
- The China Association of Automobile Manufacturers (CAAM) has released a preview of key new cars for May, including the Galaxy L7, the new Accord, and the Tiggo 9
- May 24th debut! Aston Martin releases teaser images of the all-new DB GT model
- Faraday Future Appoints New Chief Financial Officer with Experience in Several Well-known Automotive Companies
- The new Toyota Corolla will be launched on May 21st! The price may reach a historic low
- Drifting goes civilian The Tengshi N7 is equipped with the iADC intelligent drifting control system for the first time
- Anticipate! BYD Han DM-i Champion Edition/DM-p Warlord Edition will be launched on May 18th